Welcome

flinterforge

Hello, fellow Flinterforges! (Flinterforgers?) If you’re a fellow traveler, stop by and say hi. If you’re another school of magic, say hi anyway!

7 Likes

Hello! I am Ebenguard! I originally came up as Balimora but didn’t find the description fit me. So I took the test again and answered differently on one of the questions that I went back and forth on and then came out Ebenguard which is much more me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hooray! That’s the interesting thing about the Guide to Magiq. You can be one thing one day and another the next. But it does tend to zero in on who you are eventually. I’ve taken it three times and each time I come up as a Flinterforge.

Now we just need to see about getting a Mountaineer to give you an awesome Ebenguard badge for your profile pic!

3 Likes

It looks like quite a lot of people have come out as Flinterforge who are on the forums (me included!) So there are 6 guilds right? Do we know if there is any significance in that number or the role of each guild?

3 Likes

I’m not sure if there’s any significance to the number of guilds, but it wouldn’t surprise me if there were. Though we seem to have a run on Flinterforge, it will be fun to see all of the guilds represented.

4 Likes

Hey guys, I’m newhere and a fellow Flinterforger. I have to say all this is really interesting, and it’s almost overwhelming with all the info there is on whats happening. I’ve spent the better art of the day just reading over it all and I’m still only halfway there.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome from an Ebenguard!

@zerovin, I felt the same way. I got started a little late and felt like I had missed the party and couldn’t catch up. But I just kind of tinkered around and started figuring a few things out. I still get mad confused and have to ask a lot of questions but there’s lots of help here so don’t get discouraged! I’m a little swamped today but maybe later I (or someone else) can break down the gist. There’s a book. And a girl. And puzzles. And you don’t have to know all of it to start helping with some of it.

Keep reading. Posts questions. And in a day or two you’ll be solving riddles and helping the team! Yay!!

3 Likes

Welcome fellow Flinterforge!

Yes, I know it can be overwhelming, but not to worry. You don’t have to know everything that’s going on. You can dip your toes in, ask questions, provide insights as little or as much as you want. You can go down all the rabbit holes or just stick with one as your time allows. There is a lot to get a hold of, but the basics are this:

There is a book, The Book of Briars, which is trying to get us to “unlock” it (there are theories about alternate timelines and all, but no need to focus on that if it makes your head spin–jut focus on the idea of a book out there waiting to be read, we just need to figure out how to open it).

To unlock the book, we must find four keys. Each key requires four fragments. So, basically, in order to open the book, we need to find sixteen fragments. We’ve found one already and are on our way to finding the second, possibly the third.

That’s all there is to it, really. The crazy minutiae comes from the clues and puzzles to find those fragments. There are a lot of clues floating around right now, some of which may not come into play for some time yet, but the most current puzzle most of us are focused on is King Rabbit’s Burrow in the Fray. I suggest heading over to that thread to see the series of events that lead us to where we are now.

And hey, if it gets to be too much, don’t worry. There is a LOT going on and you don’t have to be on top of it all. Just feel free to jump in and help from time to time, offer your insights when you can, and most of all, have fun!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

7 Likes
Fourth Fragment: The Secret Mission Part One

@Mike, thanks for that concise summary (it even helped me get all this straight.) Mind if I use this explanation in the header banner on the front page? We’ve gotten a recent influx of new recruits and I think this could be helpful to everyone, not just Flinterforgers. (we’ve gone back and forth for years whether people in Flinterforge are Flinterforges or Flinterforgers. Have you guys decided on “ers”?)

3 Likes

@Endri of course! Use whatever you like.

As for the name, I prefer Flinterforgers since it implies one who creates (on a forge for example). But I’m not the only one so if others prefer Flinterforges, I won’t stand in the way of democracy.

3 Likes

Hey! My name is Sebastian and I just started on this wild journey. The guide placed me in Flinterforge, which seems pretty accurate, as far as I can tell. Though, I’m pretty interested in learning more about all the different guilds. Anyways, it seems like I’m in good company here and I definitely look forward to getting to know you all.

And now, I’m off to play catch up! Looks like I’ve got a lot of reading to do, should be fun. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome, @Revenir! So excited to see more recruits here!

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
I’m new to the forums though I’ve been pouring over everything when I have time this past week.
Taking the Test, I’ve been placed in both Ebenguard and Balimora, and I feel like aspects of both could fit. I never seem to cleanly place, be it a 1, 2, or 5, here in the guilds, or in other sortings (hey to my fellow SlytherClaws).

4 Likes

flinterforge is best forge

5 Likes

Hello. I’m new around here and I have to admit, I’m a bit confused. I found out about all of this, the book, the guilds, even the Magiq test, just about 2 hours ago. I’ve done some digging on my own since then but I’m not sure where to go from here. A basic explanation would help a lot, thanks.

6 Likes

The best way to catch up is to read the weekly recaps.

Basically we are tasked with unlocking the book a briars. It needs 4 keys, of which we have found two. Each key has 4 fragments that must be solved. Everyone is waiting for the 9th fragment to drop.

http://basecamp33.com/category/weekly/

4 Likes

Warming up the Flinterforge corner, then.
New here. New to this whole project and keen to get stuck in to help.
Even if it’s just making the teas.

8 Likes

@MissEvans Welcome to the guild!!

5 Likes

Hello: a new smith at the Flinterforge here.

Quick intro:
Since yesterday I have skimmed my way through most of the material uncovered by December (on my phone, consequently I am missing a LOT of detail), and with a few more days I might be up to speed; ish. I’m a folklorist, etymologist and the daughter of a neo-Druid so I am used to finding magic/k in things - now I’m ready to discover some REAL Magiq :blush:

Anything I can do to help, I’ll be there.
ER

7 Likes

New flinterforge member here! If we need some new out of the box ideas/perceptions just point me in the right direction. Still sifting through random posts atm trying to find what we need currently. I’ve watched frag 11 vid but got nothing as I am brand new.

5 Likes