The Visual Arts Thread - Show Me Your Finished Pieces!

visual-art
painting
renderings
drawing

Hey lovelies! By request, here is a thread to share your finished pieces! It can be MAGIQverse or non-MAGIQverse related and I would also love to read an artists statement for any pieces you have, or just hear about your process, difficulties and successes you had, and things like that.

Works in progress can go to the sketch thread and when you feel they’re finished, you can post the final products here. :cjsmile:

I thought it would be nice to have to separate threads so the sketch thread is wild and loose, and this thread is a lil more polished.

12 Likes
The Welcome Super Topic: Come Say Hello!
Balimora Guild House Map

I’m real bad and need to take good photos of some of my finished work. But here’s the Neithercourier art I did recently, to kick off this thread:

Also I wanted to share an older piece that I can’t remember if it ever got shared on the Discord? It was a reward for a contest we did back in the fall.

I’m pretty sure it was one of the first ever pieces I did in procreate. I actually still quite like it!

17 Likes

This was my final for figure drawing. I’m really proud of it just because I will probably never again finish a full drawing this large. :joy:

It takes up a good portion of my bedroom floor.

19 Likes

That was my request! And it definitely got shared on Discord by one of us. :coleshadez:

5 Likes

This is fantastic!

Tbh I’m the same way. I tap out at like 11 x 14. I have a bunch of oversized drawings from my life drawing class and it’s such a pain to transport and store them.

7 Likes

Omg that is amazing!!!

2 Likes

There were people in that class who took four of these sheets and put them together for one super image and I’m sitting here like “Is this masochism? I’m pretty sure this is masochism.” They were crazy good drawings though, everyone in that class was amazing.

5 Likes

This is a picture I did in photoshop a couple years ago

19 Likes
The Sketch Thread!

I really should try this again now I have metallic inks and some decent nibs, gel pens left some marks I didn’t like in this rendition.

20 Likes

Vegvísir carved and painted into Welsh slate for a friend.

20 Likes

Oooooooooooooo

2 Likes

Also carved and painted, but it turns out you shouldn’t leave slate on top of a hot stove, it cracks. Haven’t got round to redoing this one.

15 Likes

“Belief in worlds hardly anyone sees.
But it’s there that my soul is truly set free.
Like butterflies dancing on beams of light.
Signs the steps I’ve taken are right.”

17 Likes

It’s still beautiful!!

3 Likes

Thank you. I do love it and will probably find a way to display it, but room for improvement :slight_smile:

1 Like

After contemplating and gathering my courage, I decided to post in here too!
This was a piece for mermay based off the prompt ‘jellyfish’!

21 Likes

Aww it’s really good! I’m glad you’re posting here. :cjsmile: I saw your work on Instagram and was really impressed by the quality of your work, as well as your dedication to daily posting and your layouts. You get mucho respect from me, for sure.

6 Likes

Eeep thank you!
I feel a bit like a creep for following you, but I was browsing a tag related to ackerly green (I’m pretty sure?) and saw your art and went all !!! so that’s my main reason for following you :sweat_smile:
The daily posting will probably stop once I actually finish mermay though. I’m feeling a little drained and would love to dedicate a little more time to some new drawings :smiley:

6 Likes

No way, not creepy at all! I was super excited when I saw your follow. :deirdreexcited:

5 Likes

That’s a relief :heart:

5 Likes