:flushed:

4 Likes

I… cannot comprehend…

3 Likes

I don’t know what Catan is either, if it’s any consolation @Rimor

1 Like

It must be an American thing :laughing:

2 Likes

They play two different versions on that Tabletop show I mentioned. Big Bang Theory has it at least once as well in one of their episodes.

2 Likes

Big bang theory?

1 Like

…a TV show that had I think 8 seasons? It was a big deal that it just ended last month. Bunch of nerds have an aspiring actress move in next door, assorted sitcom things ensue for several years.

2 Likes

I know what big bang theory is I’m just pulling your leg :laughing:

There are so many episodes I don’t remember if I’ve seen the episode its shown in yet

3 Likes

:deirdrexd:

No worries, I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen everything yet either. There just happen to be two or three channels that play it regularly.

But back on topic, highly recommend Tabletop to get the gist of Settlers of Catan.

3 Likes

Can I just say I loved that entire exchange.

4 Likes

Twelve seasons, and it just aired its series finale.

2 Likes

Has anyone ever played Cyberpunk 2020? Cyberpunk 77, a video game based on the original role playing game, is coming out in a year or two and I’d love to get into into it early.

3 Likes

I haven’t played it, but I’ve heard about it from the games club at the comic shop near where I sometimes live! It seems really good fun :blossom:

3 Likes

Are you talking about Cyberpunk 2077? It’s going to be available on April 16 next year for Windows, PS4, and Xbox One

4 Likes

Actually, it’s a German thing, but that’s besides the point :joy: but it’s a great game that you should definitely check out.

4 Likes

Has anyone here ever heard of or played The Quiet Year? It’s a really sweet collaborative storytelling tabletop game played with a deck of cards about a community. I just had the thought that if people were interested we could set up a thread to play it. I think there’s a limit to players, (four I’m sure, and two at minimum although you can middle through alone if you fudge some parts) but as the whole point is to tell a story of a community and watch it unfold it’s enjoyable to read accounts of it. And I’ve seen guides for playing alone that suggest using twitter (or other social media posts) polls to make certain choices/“discuss” things.

There’s also a version (that I forgot the name of…) where you play as a community of monsters rather than humans which I own but haven’t spent as much time with but looks very enjoyable too!

7 Likes

Ooh, this looks interesting! I’ll take a closer look when I have the time but so far it’s a very intriguing concept, I’d be interested if people want to play! Though if the limit is only 4 players then it might be a little rude to be playing it on the forum in such a way that nobody can join? I’m not sure what we’d do about that, but the idea is very good :blossom:

6 Likes

This reminds me a little of Microscope, if anyone here has heard of that one. It seems really cool and I would love to play if given the option. The whole forum could get involved the way fungibility was saying by having all the choices rely on a polling system. Kind of like TwitchPlays where the actions are decided by the community.

Praise the Helix Fossil!

7 Likes

It could be for sure, but it might be entertaining just to read, however if there’s interest we could also probably fudge the rules and allow for more input so more people can be involved I’m sure!

4 Likes