The Sketch Thread!

visual-art
wip
drawings
sketch

So, I often have things that I’ll just doodle, low effort stuff that doesn’t warrant its own thread. But I realized it might be fun to share that sort of thing, maybe just amuse ourselves by posting roughs and also talk about our processes if we want to.

A lot of times, I’ll throw low-effort or WIP stuff up in the discord, but then it’ll get lost in the shuffle. I doodle a lot of MAGIQverse stuff randomly and some of it goes into a finished piece, some of it languishes in my sketchbook. This could be a catch-all sketch thread, or maybe we could have a MAGIQverse and non-MAGIQverse one?

I know a lot of the newer folks are visual artists, so I thought it would be fun to have this thread. And if no one’s interested, I’ll just keep posting dorky meme art here. :joy:

12 Likes
The Welcome Super Topic: Come Say Hello!
The Visual Arts Thread - Show Me Your Finished Pieces!

To christen this thread, here is an old drawing of Teddy Fallon cradling a blobfish:

I’m pretty sure I got the pose from a weird stock image. Those things are a comedy goldmine. :joy:

19 Likes

stock images… high art. thank you for starting this thread with a bang!

this is a lot less messy than my sketches usually are but these are mostly testing simplified copies of medieval bestiary illustrations (for a big doorframe decoration project)!

I’m currently doing spectacular beasts in general (as long as they don’t have human faces), so I’m very much taking suggestions.

18 Likes

:purple_heart::sparkles: this thread!!! :cjheart:

9 Likes

I love these! I’m less experienced with drawing animals so these are super cool to see. :cjheart:

10 Likes

thank you! :heart: on second thought maybe I should add a blobfish in this project! these are honestly some of the more accurate or feasible illustrations (if in need of entertainment I recommend looking up ‘scorpion’ in a bestiary).

10 Likes

~sits down to lurk thread and oggle all the talent and pretty arts~

Medieval beasties! Those are delightful. The fox looks so happy and mischievous!

13 Likes

I’ll see if I have any sketches I’m not too embarrassed about to post later, but wonder if more finished drawings would also be welcome? :smiley:

Also, on a sidenote, I know the month is over, but did/does anyone here participate in ‘Mermay’?

7 Likes

I will not pretend to be good at drawing, but there was a meme thing that @Tinker shared months ago, and it needed to be drawn. So I gave it a try.

I found the source material!

15 Likes

‘hey lil’ mama’

I want this skull as a tattoo, on my chest, thank you.

6 Likes

I love it so much!! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Somewhere buried in the Fragment 13 content is my sketch of the “I ate the time donut” meme…will link when I find it because tbh I’m still kinda proud of that.

Edit: Whoop there it is

9 Likes

I think it’d be good to keep this space for more unfinished/loose art, but we could also have a thread for people to put up finished work!

8 Likes

I couldn’t decide on a few, so have a lot.

14 Likes

I see K/DA!
Also those are very nice hands.

4 Likes

Ooh, I’m loving all of these! Are digital sketches welcome here too! I’m mostly a digital artist, see. I doodle my dnd characters a lot. Like… A lot

3 Likes

Of course! Any medium is fine, tho finished art should go in the other thread.

3 Likes

Fab! Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

A WIP of mine using CLIP Studio

8 Likes

Love the contrast created by working on black paper. Is however more prone to highlighting mistakes.

11 Likes