The Gaming Mounties!

I have a switch too, as of recently! I’m learning smash for the first time, but I need to look up and study the controls. There’s no in-game tutorial, just lists :confused: Anyway, Breath of the Wild has been a lot of fun!

I love cooperative games (Sentinels of the Multiverse, Gloomhaven/One Deck Dungeon/Pick a LARP/TTRPG, Ravens of Thri Sahashri, Hanabi) but never got much into RTS. I know I’d love it, especially playing support, I just don’t think it’s something I can afford to spend my time on at this point in my life with how quickly I get sucked into things and addicted. I have to choose my obsessions carefully :smile:

9 Likes

Who do you think you’ll be maining in smash?

4 Likes

It’s absolutely still too early to tell… I need to spend a lot more time with each character before I can decide who I really like. I’ve only really had a chance to play with Kirby while getting used to the controls. I picked a bad stage to try out another character on, and I haven’t even unlocked everyone yet. I’ll let you know as I find out more!

6 Likes

Wow that was a looonnggg thread to read & most of the games mention I absolutely love! I’ve got a PS4 & a PC. I love Arkham Knight, was into shadow of Mordor for a bit but got bored, Skyrim - I waste a lot of time on Skyrim because I don’t play it like a normal person, I mostly just build houses & adopt dogs & children :joy: I really like the uncharted series because there’s a story but also I get to shoot people…

Mortal Kombat X is super fun, so is injustice (even though the story sucks :sweat_smile:)

8 Likes

I have abandoned and started entirely new playthroughs of Skyrim because my ungrateful children refused to adopt Meeko :joy:

10 Likes

Relatable, I have tried & failed many times to get my children to adopt Bran but they keep adopting foxes or skeevers :weary:

7 Likes

Not gonna lie, I’ve been a big fan of Redwall for a long time. The game company called Soma Games recently released a title on PS4 (and all other platforms) called The Legends Of Redwall: The Scout.

To say I’ve been disappointed in what they have done would be an understatement, as the game has the kind of character design from the series, but lacks in all other facets of Redwall.

I want extensive bits focused on food so delectable that you are driven to make it in real life, haunting enemies with backstories and depth, stealth based combat (or even tactical combat avoidance). But alas, I’ve been a bit let down with what has been done by Soma. And knowing this is only the first of a three part series means that there are still two more punches to be had from them towards the original material.

Sorry for the rant, but I do hope that this can help people make up their mind about the game if anyone was at all thinking about it. Go for Ghost Of A Tail instead, and enjoy what they’ve done with a title so closely resembling Redwall that the only real difference is the name.

8 Likes

Simulation, RPG, and Fighting games are my top three genres.

Love Elder Scrolls, Minecraft, The Sims, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, to name just a few.

I have a PS4

My Gamer tag is…blackchoji21

7 Likes

I bought Let’s Go Eevee! since I don’t have a tv for my switch, and honestly I’m loving it. I always forget how much I enjoy Pokemon games

10 Likes

Oh it’s fantastic! I love how it combines the normal combat system with the GO version of wild encounters. It’s also fun that they made it a remake of the first games.

6 Likes

Yeah, I love not having to fight every single wild pokemon! I’m also a fan of the different exp system, so I can grind a bit more efficiently.

7 Likes

Currently playing Stardew and Portal Knights mostly. Also just started Life is Strange. Last year I obsessed over Dragon Quest Builders and it was glorious. Not sure about whether I want DQB2 as they seem to have changed some things in a way that may have taken away my favorite bits of play. I’ve preordered Pokemon Shield and the new Animal Crossing and am hoping to catch Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu on sale at some point. I used to play a lot of Final Fantasy before they took away the turn-based system. FF9 was my fave. I also loved playing the Mario games when they were still side scrollers. The first Mario Kart is still the best. We enjoy Mario Party as a family. I haven’t played it much yet, but I’m intrigued by Yoshi’s Crafted World. @Psychopomp and I play Fallout 3 and Persona games together (I tend to be a bit more observant of surroundings and like making social choices). I don’t know if that covers everything, but this is getting a bit long, so I’ll stop there. Lol

8 Likes

No man’s sky is my favorite. Just had beyond update go through but I can’t play it because internet at my place is out lol

8 Likes

I actually got a chance to play it in vr last night. It was fun…except psvr likes to make my hands float off outside my space ship o.o

7 Likes

I heard there were a lot of issues with it. @flybat3 did they already make a hotfix for it???

4 Likes

@Elijah_Firenze omg I can’t wait to play the new no man’s sky update!

3 Likes

PS4? Cause if PS4 we gotta game together when my internet is fixed

4 Likes

NMS? Ooo, I’ve been playing again since the update (on PC, though I have the game on Xbox as well cause my community is both). What you guys think of the Nexus? I love the look of it, shame it crashes so much.

4 Likes

yup ps4. I’m Kizzykatpirate on there ha

5 Likes

I saw that they added creature riding and that’s piqued my interest in it again, but I haven’t gotten around to playing it yet.

4 Likes