SOLVED: Fragment Five: Brachursis

At this point I don’t know where else to look, so I agree with @Robert that using a word now might not be a bad idea. I will keep researching Cagliostro, although I have already been through his life story a few times and I am not quite sure what in there would be used as a password. I have moved to the serpent type design on The Cagliostro’s mainpage. There are a few serpent references in relation to Cagliostro, one being his seal( as pointed out by @Leigha above), but there is also Ouroboros, the serpent biting its own tail. It originated in Egypt and is often used as a symbol pertaining to alchemy and other aspects pertaining to alchemy and I guess Cagliostro drew that symbol when asked for his “secret sign”.

The link to the Wikipedia page for Ouroboros is here:

Password is also not:

• ichthywara
  • Ichthywara
  • Cagliostro
  • magiq
  • AckerlyGreen
  • … a few I didn’t write down

I looked into the Ouroboros as well. Tried it as a password, but I got nothing.

Hmmm… I want to say wait on using the magimystical clue for now. We have no idea how far we are from this particular fragment and a hint may prove to be more useful later on when we’re really stuck that early on. The fourth fragment had a dozen moving parts where a hint could have saved us a bit of frustration, but if we had used it too early it would have felt like wasting it.

But keep in mind, that magimystical word wasn’t entrusted to me, so I think that it is ultimately up to the person who was given the word. The Book trusted them, not me, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. I’m not above using the hint, I just think we might be able to suss this out on our own in a day or two.

That being said, I don’t know where we would look in the next few days that we haven’t already looked at in some detail already. Is there a hint still in the vines within the gate on the page, some clue hidden in the arrangement of the words/passages? I have no idea but I’m not ready to give up just yet.

I’m also bloated on tryptophan and alcohol so keep my “RAH! RAH! We can do it!” rant in perspective.

Well the text on the password page says to “enter the password you were given.” Assuming that text was directed at us, then we were given a password. And it’s probably in or near that document. I think in those word fragments.

Of course, we might just be backdooring into a site and they have no idea who we are and we were never given a password. Then we would have to get very lucky to guess it.

@Brendon you’re spot on about the ouroboros. I had opened up the page info on the Cagliostro’s site, and the image moving behind the “C” is two ouroboros interlocked, like a figure eight, doubling up on infinity symbolism.
More than that, they’re moving in opposite directions, widdershins (counter-clockwise), and deosil (clockwise). Deosil in magic is used to amplify or grow something, and widdershins is used to reduce or diminish things. These two interlocking would suggest both happening at once, creation and destruction interlocked, as it always is in nature.
Or, they could have just thought it looked cool. (It does)
I don’t know if any of that means anything for us, but it struck me when I saw it.

Hypnotic, isn’t it?

Don’t know if this was already mentioned, but there is an Ackerly Green website - http://www.ackerlygreen.com/. Looks like Deeds is keeping a list of the books she has found thus far.

Besides that, still nothing on the password front for me.:disappointed_relieved:

No. I dont think anyone mentioned that. good find!

Poll time:

If we do not figure out the Cagliostro password by Monday, we should:

• Ask for a clue
  • Keep waiting

0 voters

Don’t forget, we actually have two magimystical words that can be used to get a clue, so even if we use it this time, we still have another for later.

Just want to suss out how people are feeling about using the clue.

SOLVED: Fragment Ten: Gladitor : The Office of Kemetic Solutions

I’m a bit confused, how do we have two words?

@Piki and I each have one.

I have one as well. Are one of you willing to use your word for this? If so, the vote appears to be unanimous, green is go.

Oh, we had posted if we had a word here. Three is even better though. In my mind, it’s not my word or hint, it’s all of ours, so I don’t mind sending the word I received in. I will send the word in on Monday, unless people are wanting me to send it in now.

I agree, I don’t know why the book chose to give words to some and not others, but they shouldn’t belong to any one of us. However the book giving us clues indicates that this is going to be the hardest challenge we’ve faced thus far, the challenges have been growing progressively harder, and it’s really early on. The clues really should be used as a last resort, which our current situation seems to be.

As it stands, I think most of us are okay with asking for a hint, so I’m going to send in my word right now (just in case it takes 24 hours). I will let everyone know what the Book says as soon as I get the email (unless I’m sleeping :sleeping:)

EDIT: I’ve sent it in!

I assume everyone got the email, but here it is just in case:

You’re on the path beyond the gate
But something missing makes you wait
The dots the dashes and the door
Aren’t the only ones you’re looking for

What creeping leaf has got you slightly
Creeping tendrils caught you lightly
And grips the flags that you are holding

Look down
Look deep
It’s all un-folding

(Minus the dash in unfolding, but only the folding is italicized)

Right off the top of my head, it seems like we need to print the page and fold the image of the gate and maybe hold it up to the light to reveal the password. Under a crunch at the moment but will be free in an hour or so. will try then if no one else has yet.

So I have tried to fold it right through the middle of the gate, and where the hinge is, I am not currently seeing anything that stands out to me. I would definitely encourage others to try it as well, as I may be missing it. But I am looking at the tendrils to see if they line up some way when they are folded, as well as the ivy in the gate.

Any other ideas as to where to fold? I will gladly try them all

It is physically impossible to fold the page (without tearing or cutting) to get the texts to all line up as well… have been trying that, too.

Maybe we are supposed to rearrange the text? Also, perhaps we should be folding from or to the words “down” and “deep”?