Ok, I’m working on figuring out these traits, and here is what I have so far:
General summary: Flinterforges are your engineers. They’re smart, but they’re very systematic in their ways. They are kind of like a workhorse - they work hard, nonstop to create things. They are very serious about being productive.
- “A day spent without soiled hands is a day wasted.”
- Magic affinity is “Assembling Runes”
- “You’ve never been one to shy away from big ideas or the hard work required to make those ideas manifest.”
General Summary: Balimoras are kind of the wizened old crones of the group. They have a deep knowledge of the world, and that’s led them to a more natural path. They tend to embrace both the light and dark, the chaos of the world, which makes them a bit erratic. They are also the no-BS guild and will say what needs to be said, but that also can make them seem a bit coldhearted. Dumbledore would probably belong in this guild.
- “Only The Great Chaos matters now.”
- A la Endri - "Balimora is the guild who can cut through the nonsense of ego and judgment and “niceness.”
- “You have always been drawn to the wild, the untamed.”
- “Awareness of a deeper, more verdant truth in the world will lead you to ancient paths of knowledge”
General summary: Ebenguards are very justice oriented. An Ebenguard is tireless in their pursuit to right the wrongs of the world. They have a strong sense of right and wrong, which can be a good thing and a bad thing. It can spur them to do amazing things in the name of good, but it can also make them think they’re on a moral high ground.
- Magic affinity includes: “Combat Magic”
- “For harmony and true peace are only possible through the dedication and diligence of those willing to swear their life’s work to it.”
- “You’ve probably always felt an innate sense of right and wrong” (What’s the negative side of a person who’s maybe a bit holier than thou?)
- “No matter who you choose to be, when the scales tip to the side of disorder and darkness, you are called to right it” (Think of the scales imagery. What do we do to scales?)
General summary: Thornmouths are obsessed with knowledge and finding the truth. As we know, Sherlock was considered a hardcore Thornmouth. They are highly intelligent individuals and quick to learn things, but also very introverted.
- “study the ancient deeds and lost accounts”
- “Knowledge is the ultimate prize in this existence, your life’s reward to find the truth in everything”
General summary: Gossmeres are kind of the bleeding hearts of the guilds. They are the mother hens, taking care of everyone while neglecting themselves. They have big hearts and truly care about the feelings of the people around them.
- "Your heartbeats echo together in your grasp. "
- “If they ask for help, do what you can. Listen to their hearts if they are willing to let you.”
- Magic affinity includes: “Therapeutics”
- “Offering your hand to another for support, encouragement, for solace and hope.”
General summary: Weatherwatches can be best described as daredevils. They’re brave, willing to go on any wild adventure. They don’t care about taking risks, but that also leads them to be reckless.
- “You will meet the call out there in the unknown”
- “You are undoubtedly spontaneous.”
- “Your sharp tongue might land you in a scrape, but you’ll never fear plunging back into the fray. After all, there’s an opportunity to be had, and who knows if it’ll come around again?”
- “Let’s head out across the wilder waters.”
Also, if you’re on the fence for some things, I noticed Instagram is hugely helpful.
So that’s what I’ve gotten. But there are some where I’m just kind of on the fence. So here’s questions I have.
- Which guild seems to be the most happy-go-lucky? (I’m leaning towards Gossmere?)
- Which guild gives the least shits? (Balimora…?)
- What guild would Doug from Up belong to? (Balimora…?)
- What guild would a minimalist painter belong to?