Mountie Multiplayer! (LOTRO Game)

Okay, so you guys still up for playing LOTRO? Anyone else want to join? The game is free to play, with an in game store to buy cosmetics, boosts, and additional area/quest packs. I’ve never done PvP in the game, so that’s not really something you have to worry about with the boosts. The game is also quite old, so it’ll probably run on most PCs. If you’d like to join, I think we said we’re gonna play on Crickholllow server.

So, @Cj_Heighton, @Amruneth, @Cirydae, when do you guys want to get started? I’m a little busy tomorrow (read a lot), but I could do Sun? If you guys wanted to get started and run through until level 25ish when everyone gets to Bree though, that’s fine, I can catch up.

10 Likes

Wait, is LOTRO free? I’ve never been a huge fan of MMOs, but if people are playing as a group I might give it a try.

8 Likes

Yep, just sign up and you can play! Like I said, you can pay for additional queasts and areas, but you can also earn the coin in game to buy them.

Edit: Ooo, also, what race and classes are people looking at? I like playing ranger or lore master elves, or beorning.

8 Likes

I’m certainly new to things like this but I’m interested if I can join in too!

7 Likes

I can definitely make something work this weekend! If we are are wanting to start on a server where some people already have characters I might get a new one started and at least establish basics, but if we all want to start fresh that works too!

Elf hunter is definitely my favorite combo, and I have a slightly different build I’d like to try so I might stick with that, but I am open to changing that up based on group dynamic.

6 Likes

I’m obviously not super familiar with LOTRO classes, but from the descriptions I’d probably be interested in either Minstrel or Rune-keeper (I like a combo of Healing and DPS.)

7 Likes

I might join in, if I do I’m completely down for being the team healer!

Edit: or maybe close to a paladin play style, I’ll download it and take a look at the classes after I get off duty.

6 Likes

Okay, so I should probably add some things. Not all races start in the same place. Knowing us, we’re likely to have people in all starting locations, and then have to meet up in Bree at around level 25 ish (if I remember correctly). Also, some of the races and classes have to be unlocked. I’m gonna put a list below with some basics so everyone’s got info all in one place (I’m by no means an expert at the game, heads up).

Races:

• Beorning - Basically they’re shirters than can transform into bears. If you guys have seen/read The Hobbit, they’re descendants of Beorn from that. (Paid race/class)
  • Dwarf - Male only race
  • Elf
  • High Elf - Elves that have been to Valinor (Paid race from Mordor expansion)
  • Hobbit
  • Men
  • Stout-axe - Dwarf race varient that went evil (Paid race)

Classes:

• Beorning - only playable by beorning race (Paid)
  • Burglar - Rogue type dps, playable by Hobbits, Men, and Stout-axe.
  • Captain - Never played one, but apparently they’re pretty versitle. Can summon an NPC ally, and likes to shout at stuff. Playable by Men and High Elves.
  • Champion - Melee dps with heavy armour, so make a good secondary tank. Playable by Dwarves, Elves, Men, High Elves, and Stout-axe.
  • Guardian - Basic tank class. Playable by everyone except Beorning.
  • Hunter - Ranger, ranged DPS. Playable by everyone except Beorning.
  • Lore Master - Pet class, fairly diverse. Lots of cool spells to damage, heal, crowd control, and debuff. Playable by Elves, High Elves, and Men.
  • Minstrels - Ranged damage/healer, with all the usual buffs and crowdcontrol options. Really cool cause you can play a lot of different intruments and even teach others how to play them! Playable by everyone except Beorning.
  • Rune-Keeper - Another ranged/healer, closest the game has to a spell caster cause of the lore. Playable by Dwarves, Elves, High Elves, and Stout-axe. (Paid)
  • Warden - Tanks with ranged and melee dps. Likes javelins. Playable by Elves, High Elves, Hobbits, and Men. (Paid)
7 Likes

That is good to know, I wasn’t paying attention to which classes are paid. I’ll probably go human minstrel, then.

6 Likes

I had an Elven Loremaster 100,000 years ago when I played LotRO, and my favorite part of the whole thing was my house in Falathorn.

8 Likes

I’d love to start a new character and play along, and that’s definitely not because I totally forgot what my old account was, nope.

I may be able to swing it Sunday depending on what time you all choose, but I’ll definitely start a new character and join in the next time if I can’t.

7 Likes

Well, I’m not sure what time yet. Um… Let’s see when people are free on Sunday:

• 9am - 12 HST
  • Midday - 3pm HST
  • 3 - 6pm HST
  • 6 - 9pm HST
  • 9 - Midnight HST

0 voters

5 Likes

I could start as early as 1:30 Herman time on Sunday, if that’s helpful.

5 Likes

Huuh. Yeah, im busy 6pm pst onwards but up till then id be okay to run with yall.

4 Likes

I would love to play, but unfortunately my laptop can barely run Minecraft now, so it’s not really an option. Not to mention I really don’t have the time for another mmo :joy: I’m not sure how many I’m up to, but it’s several lol

4 Likes

i would love to join, but i’ll be stuck on the ship, maybe if i update the laptop tonight/tomorrow i’ll be able to get on roughly 20 HST

6 Likes

Can anyone like…tell me what HST is. I’m so bad with time zones apologies

I’m not sure I can make it on Sunday, but I can level up a character and join when possible. Let me know what server we’ll be on! I started an Elf Hunter just to heck around and remember how to play an MMO, and that’s probably what I’ll stick with.

editing to add: I can do another class for balance but no promises I’ll be good at it, I tend to do ranged/support roles

7 Likes

@Cirydae It’s EST. But Herman Standard Time because that’s when all the AGP things happen. Idk. It’s my fault we have a nickname for the timezone tbh.

6 Likes

All righty that makes sense. I was like…no way this can be Hawaii Standard time. No. Of course not.
That means I’m 13 hours ahead, so like…I’ll try, but Saturdays HST/Sundays for me would probably be the easiest solution. I’m secretly a Grandparent and go to bed at like 8pm every night

8 Likes

It sounds like we’ve got lots of ranged and support, do we have anyone in a more tank role? I’ve only ever done ranged so it would take some adjustment, but could be down to try Champion.

Also my name is already taken on Crickhollow and I’m having a small existential crisis over it :laurencry:

8 Likes