Mountie Adventures!

So this thread is going to be a place for you to post about your adventures around the world!

This can be anything from a day trip out to a new place to a full holiday adventure you’d like to regale us with!

(I’m really bad at creating topics so feel free the edit and add to this description! :laughing:)

12 Likes

Puts thread back where he found it in case he gets accused of spam

2 Likes

These are all from last year, but I’ll try and kick things off

No idea why I’m Balimoran…

10 Likes

I went to Waterton Lakes National Park yesterday. I figure these fit here.
First off, the mountains en route to the park.

Waterton Lake. The mountain in the second picture of this set is named Vimmy.

There was a big fire in 2017 and the trails have finally been opened again. This patch of earth with scattered rocks and dead branches used to be a dense forest.

6 Likes

(Spitting this post into into 2)
Even though the trees are gone, life is thriving. There is moss and small plants growing even on the charred logs.

This is a view from Bertha Lookout. There used to be so many green trees up the side of the mountain. It won’t look like it used to for another 50 years now.

Back to the plant life, we have blue crocuses, and then sage growing in a rock.

Lastly, sheep!

6 Likes

I’m going up to the Poconos this weekend. I’ll see about posting pictures when I get back!

3 Likes

fancy shmancy game of throne themed dinner i went to.

Let me see… if i remember correctly, new foods i tried tonight were… pinot (white wine), duck, sangria, and golden beets. I also tried blue cheese but i couldnt stomach it and then i tried to drink something to chase it but it was gin and then i was on the seat dying for like ten seconds xD

3 Likes