Fantastic Friday #5

Hey everyone, it’s that time of the week again! Happy Friday! For this week, let’s talk about the games we’ve been playing and tips that would help others who might want to begin them!

8 Likes

Alongside this, we have a new Mountiee this week! Give @MarciaBrady a hand everyone!

8 Likes

Can I use this as a platform to re-hash the rant I gave to Bean the other night about interactive novels and ludo-narrative dissonance? :joy:

But seriously, I’ve been playing a bunch of interactive novels - like, digital Choose Your Own Adventure books, but usually more complex. You can buy them for a couple bucks, on Steam or as a unique mobile app. Ask me about them if you want, I guess?

10 Likes

Haha I have played a fair few on apps. They’re addictive.

7 Likes

I’ve been playing so much Animal Crossing New Horizons lately it’s kind of scary. It’s such a fun game, and so relaxing! I guess if I had to give a newbie a tip, it’d be that fruit that’s not native to your island, so different from what grows on your trees, is worth more.

Also, if Tom Nook says there’ll be shooting stars that night, wait until after sunset and watch the skies! If you see a shooting star, you can press A to wish on it and you might get a star fragment on the beach the next day! ((Last night I spent a couple hours watching Frozen 2 and wishing on stars, I got to over 200!))

7 Likes

As far as video games, it’s been Animal Crossing all day erry day. For tabletop we’re really enjoying playing Stuffed Fables as a family (when they can tear me away from AC :upside_down_face:).

9 Likes

I lost so much of my life to Animal Crossing as a kid and have honestly never been happier that I don’t own a Switch.

8 Likes

The current game I’m playing is Slime Rancher! It’s literally the heaviest game my laptop runs without 3 second lag, and it… Isn’t a heavy game. So that really tells you my options, haha! But it is a wonderful game. It’s very pretty even despite my lack of a good graphics card! One day I’ll have a laptop that can play Minecraft, but until then? Slime Rancher. I like to just watch the puddle slimes play with the rubber ducky I gave them, it’s a healing experience! :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom:

9 Likes

I’ve been playing Adventure Quest 3D. I used to play the flash games from the same company so playing a proper MMO from them is kind of nostalgic. It’s a game the does not take itself seriously at all, and uses lots of puns and goofy looking armour sets.im working my way through the main story, but I keep getting sidetracked with side quests to level up my armour instead.

7 Likes

i actually saw a youtube documentary on that, all the stuff regarding where adventurequest went. Its neat to see how its progressed since the ORIGINAL adventurequest.

8 Likes

So heres the two games Ive been playing:
Cells- A tippy tappy mobile game where youre going through stages of evolution. I reccomend putting on a podcast and tippy tapping away and also prioritizing your latest ‘upgrade’ in evolution as it makes it far easier to get the others
Gloomhaven: A legacy boardgame where your following different story lines. Its amazing, dont play when stressed and if your playing with more than just yourself make sure you trust the person, as I dont think you can then split up the team

9 Likes