Fantastic Friday #12

Hey everyone (especially @Augustus_Octavian)

Welcome to our 12th Fantastic Friday! :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

For this weeks topic, a special thanks to @Viviane for the ideas, What do you think is the best beverage? Discuss it amongst yourselves and let’s put.it to a vote!

13 Likes

It depends on my mood?
Right now it’s too warm for hot tea, so I’m loving on my cranberry-cherry juice.
If I’m going for soda, it’s either ginger ale or orange soda.

But we do have a thread for this… Here! :yum:

12 Likes

This is about discussing what the best beverage is, not discussing about beverages in general.

11 Likes

Tea, in all its myriad incarnations. It’s so versatile! It’s good hot, it’s good cold. It’s good with milk, without milk, with honey, with lemon, or with nothing at all! It’s even good with giant tapioca in it. It has cakes and meal times named in its honor.

It is so much more than hot leaf juice. :tea:

11 Likes

Do adult beverages count?

15 Likes

As an “adult”, I do consider Moscow Mules to be the peak of all beverages.

10 Likes

I love me a good Moscow Mule!

My favorite, however, is anything from the fourth best brewery in the world, which I can get to pretty easily from where I am. There’s also a spot that secretly is the only place outside of Vermont where you can get beer from the top brewery in the world right in my town, too!

11 Likes

Hm well if we’re talking adult drinks, my favorites are raspberry mojito or coke and jameson

12 Likes

I am notorious for not being able to pick my favorites of things, but I think at the moment I’m very partial to sparkling juices, specifically apple cider and grape juice! It kind of fits as an “adult” drink because I like to pretend I’m drinking champagne, and I even have a set of crystal goblets I got as a gift because I like to pretend to be pretentious. I plan to drink a LOT of [non-alcoholic] sparkling grape juice this year when I turn 21, haha!

I was one of those kids whose parents didn’t like me drinking a bunch of juice or soda, so I was a milk and water kind of kid. Having a bunch of sparkling juice feels very luxurious and special to me, even now!

12 Likes

Under the adult drinks umbrella, the absolute best ale I have ever had is the Oatbarton dark English Ale at the Green Dragon Inn in New Zealand. There’s a bit in Lord of the Rings where Gandalf lays a blessing on Butterbur’s beer…I’m pretty sure this stuff was the result. You can only get it on tap there. They don’t sell it bottled, which is deeply sad, but was probably a good thing for our luggage costs.

Second to it, and much more accessible, is Raven Tor chocolate stout from a brewery in my hometown. At least with that one, my parents can mail it out to us!

11 Likes

After I graduated college, I participated in the 30 characters in 30 days challenge (I promise it’s relevant). They were all deities of random things, since that’s the sort of thing you come up with while chatting with your other nerd friends. One of them was the Deity of the Sacred Beverages (which were coffee, diet coke, and peach tea). (The middle one was mine)

Adult beverage-wise, my experience is limited, but Left Hand Milk Stout.

11 Likes

I don’t do alcohol, but I have a weakness for virgin mojitos.
Besides that, my vote is for hibiscus tea. It tastes both fruity and floral, has a lovely red colour, and is amazing hot or cold.

11 Likes

If you like Left Hand Milk Stout, try Dragon’s Milk if you find it. @Viviane can back me up on this one.

12 Likes

Am I allowed to partake in the convo even though it’s Saturday?

10 Likes

Left Hand Milk Stout is SO good! Thirded.

Right now, my favorite drink has been sun tea made with Morning Thunder (a Celestial Seasonings blend of black tea and mate). It makes a smooth, delicious, and very caffeinated drink. Mmm.

11 Likes

MORNING THUNDER!!! With the bison on the box! This kept me alive through college! I would brew it in my awesome thermos in the morning, and then drink it in the afternoon at work. It was soooo good super strong like that.

I haven’t been able to find it in stores for years, though.

9 Likes

It’s hit or miss at most stores, but I have the best luck at Super Target.

8 Likes

Looks like they have that and the White Stout at the store right next to the new(est) job! Might have to stop by sometime on the way home…

10 Likes

For me, my favorite not adult drink is coffee and chocolate.
It’s just a cup of coffee brewed over a camp fire, with a packet of hot cocoa mixed in.

9 Likes

My go to atm is Stones green ginger wine topped up with dry ginger ale

10 Likes