[CURRENTLY CLOSED] Let Me Draw You As a Fantasy Creature!

Okay, here we go… I’ve been a bit nervous about posting this since I struggle with big projects , but I’ve figured out a way to keep this simple enough that it works for me, and complex enough that it works for all of you! Here’s how it goes:

WHAT I WILL DO:
-draw a small sketch of you as a fantasy creature! Any fantasy race/creature of your choosing (though for my sake, don’t make me google anything scary or gory for references… I’m easily frightened) of any level of fantasy, from a classic vampire to Cthulhu itself, elves, ghosts, even specific fantasy races/creatures from specific books, games or movies, all are fine!

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU:
-A description/picture/both of you and the outfit you want your fantasy creature self to be wearing! Both is preferred, but I can work from either.
-The creature you want to be! If it’s something rare or specific, a source where I can get some references would also be nice.
-Two colours! One for the lines of the sketch, one for the background! I’ll post an example soon so you know what I mean.
-Patience! You’re all lovely and I’m sure you know - art takes time, and motivation (the latter of which I am very bad at managing…) but I will do my best to make sure these all get done! Obviously there might be differences in quality depending on many factors (how well I know the creatures I’m drawing, how I’m feeling, how much I’ve drawn that day, etc) but I will do my best!

I did already say I’d do a pocket sized Borrower-esque @Pocket so that’s first in my queue, but if you could still post in here the things I’ve mentioned above that’d be top notch :blossom:
:cherry_blossom: I look forward to drawing you all! :cherry_blossom:

26 Likes

This is amazing!! I can’t wait to see. Do you need a photo of me too? Let me pull some up… 1, 2, 3. Before anyone asks, I’m an actor, I have to have photos :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

@pocket thank you, fantastic! Can you also give me two colours and a description of what you’d like me to draw you wearing? Ofc we’ve got to have that classic backpack in there…

3 Likes

So I definitely wear alot of black, my two colors would be Teal and Purple. And as Assassin’s Creed is a huge theme in my life j think my character having a hidden blade bracer and/or the peaked hood would be very fitting. I am an Ebenguard after all. I need my tools to protect the Golden Balance!

8 Likes

@pocket you never gave me an outfit so I came up with one (half based on the photos you sent, half based on what I feel like a borrower would wear) but I do still need two colours! If you don’t pick I’ll give you my standard sketching colours (light purple lines and even lighter blue bg) if that’s okay?

@Rowan that’s a lovely look! I wear lots of black too. What kind of fantasy race/creature do you have in mind? I can definitely work with a cool hood and some hidden weapons!

7 Likes

No worries! Sorry about my delay, literally whatever suits you / you think looks best :smiley:

3 Likes

Honestly Human xD nothing too fancy for me!

3 Likes

It’s alright!! Hope you like it! @pocket

27 Likes

Oh my goodness this is adorable!!

8 Likes

Thank you!! I’m glad, adorable is definitely what I was going for :blossom:

6 Likes

Oh my goss that is amazing!!!

5 Likes

Thank you so much!! <3 I had good inspiration :blossom:

6 Likes

OHMIGOD look at him!!! Thank you so much!! That’s basically me on my way to teach a yoga class! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Can I use him as my avatar?

7 Likes

I’d be honoured! I’m so glad you like him, he’s all yours from hereon out! :cherry_blossom:

8 Likes

Thank you thank you thank you! :smile:

7 Likes

That’s so cute!!!

I’m extremely excited to see more of your work!

7 Likes

To make it a little easier, I’ve got a little list here to help people decide how to write their descriptions, just copy-paste and fill this out!

Appearance: (this is where you describe yourself or show a photo)
Fantasy race: (mention the fantasy race/creature you want to be here! I’m not here to draw y’all as humans, at least let me give you pointy ears or fangs!
Outfit: (describe or show pictures of the sort of outfit you want here! If you don’t want to do that, I’ll design something for you based on the creature/what I know about you)
Colours: (two colours! One for the background, one for the lines <3)

10 Likes

Can’t wait to see what else you come up with :smiley:

5 Likes

@rimor @pocket thank you!! I’m excited to do more! :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes