Craft Court Hangout

This is the continuation of the Court of Grandmothers thread discussion about doing a virtual crafter’s hangout (potentially more than one if the first goes well) for those of us working on yarn, needlecraft, or other projects that enable chatting while stuck inside. CJ and Catherine have graciously offered the use of Ackerly Green Zoom account so that we aren’t time restricted (thanks, y’all!) so the next step would be to pick out some times!

I figured it would be better to offer some specific options up front rather than do a general poll, so without further ado, here are some times for later this week (in Eastern Daylight time, so calculate accordingly). I would expect a hangout to last for a few hours, and people can pop in and out as suits their fancy. I also picked these times somewhat arbitrarily because they work for me and I’d be free to host for several hours, but I certainly don’t have to host, so if none of these dates/times work well for you, feel free to suggest others in the thread.

• Thursday, April 2 @ 4 pm
  • Thursday, April 2 @ 8 pm
  • Saturday, April 4 @ 10 am
  • Saturday, April 4 @ 2 pm
  • Saturday, April 4 @ 6 pm
  • None of these work for me

0 voters

11 Likes

I picked two, but could honestly make any of them the way things are going. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

My group does dnd on Saturday at 4.

4 Likes

I really wish I could join this, but my toddler barely lets me do the video chats required for work. :cry:

4 Likes

Aww! Totally understandable; do whatever you’re comfortable with. Feel free to just pop in for a few minutes to say hi, if you like!

6 Likes

My cousins are trying to arrange a Skype time on Saturday, but other than that I’m completely open.

4 Likes

Hey guys - I’ve closed the poll for this round. Let’s plan on this Saturday at 2 pm Eastern this time around, and we can look at other days and times in the future to include those who can’t make it this time. Sound like a plan?

11 Likes

adds to calendar Will the link be posted in this thread?

7 Likes

This thread seems like a good place for it.

5 Likes

Yes! Check back here for the info to join on Saturday.

10 Likes

Very excited!!!

7 Likes

Wish I could make it today, but family facetime is at the same time. Hope for another time!

6 Likes

Okay I think this should work for 2pm!
https://zoom.us/j/578247778

7 Likes

And we’re live! Come hang!

5 Likes

Eek I got time conversion wrong.
I’m just making dinner and will be on in about an hour if people are still about…

5 Likes

Probably will! Feel free to drop in via link whenever you’re available. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m technically “working” from home today, but with very little to do. I’m more in papercraft mode today, but I may drop in once I’m through my emails!

6 Likes

We’re still here if people want to join!

4 Likes

Is this still going?

5 Likes

Yes, jump in if you want!

4 Likes