Camp NaNo – July

camp-nano

Hi friends!

Posting to gauge interest on doing another Mountie cabin for the July Camp NaNo! If you’ve never done Camp or full NaNoWriMo before, I prefer Camp because you set your own goal and just work towards it throughout the month with friends! It can be a word count, a page count, an hour count, anything you like. And you can share as much or as little as you like with everyone else!

If you’re interested, drop your Camp username down below and I’ll make a cabin and add everyone!

10 Likes
A Writing Topic for My Magiqal Fellow Authors!

Just made an account; username’s Tributary!

3 Likes

Oh I forgot! You need to officially create your project too before you can be added to a cabin. So let me know when you’ve done that and I can add you!

5 Likes

Just did!

3 Likes

You’re in!

4 Likes

StrixPoison :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Goss_Ignatius

Someone stole my regular Ignatius :laurencry:

5 Likes

Im in! Cjheighton or chiyoko, should be in your cabin from earlier this year? :0

5 Likes

Hmm neither of those are coming up, did you create your project yet?

3 Likes

I’m signing up right now! I’ll use this as a way to make sure I continue my current project (trust me, I’ll be getting another 50000 words out of it at least, so this is a perfect way to encourage myself to complete it)! I’m currently trying to find a bit from what I’ve already written to work as a good excerpt… I’ll post here again once I’ve finished setting it up :blossom:

6 Likes

Okay, my project is set up! I’m SabineBean there too! :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

Amazing!! You’re in!

4 Likes

Since mine is a continuation of something I’ve already started would anyone be interested in reading what I’ve got so far? It’s… Very long so I have it in a Google Doc. I don’t know if there’s a word limit on posts here but I’m not going to subject anyone to over 40000 words of first-draft nonsense y’know? (It’s good though, I promise, even if it is a first draft) I suppose if anyone is interested in reading it let me know? I’ll try to figure the most sensible way of sharing it and come up with a summary for it that’s semi-decent (I’m bad at summaries…) :blossom:

EDIT: I realise that this is probably the kind of question that can be asked in the actual Camp NaNo cabin, but just in case anyone else here who isn’t involved in that wants to test read my fantasy story I’m asking here!

4 Likes

I think a lot of people (like myself) would LOVE to read it in full but sadly don’t have the time :laurencry:

So maybe something that might be fun would be if anyone who wants to share could give a little synopsis of the project they’re working on?? And then as we get going, if you find yourself coming up with sentences/paragraphs/scenes that you’re really proud of, we could share those here too!

7 Likes

That sounds like a good plan! I’ll try to keep the thread clear of my nonsense til camp starts, in the meantime if anyone does have the time and wants to read my story (it’s a little of not-very-classic mid fantasy found family shenanigans. Some slightly sinister/violent moments but nothing graphic or horror bc I’m easily scared and don’t like to inflict fear on others who are as easily scared as me haha) dm me and I’ll link you to the Google Doc!

I definitely feel you on being low on time though. For some, summer is the emptiest time, for others it’s the busiest :blossom:

5 Likes

Totally!! I don’t want to discourage you from sharing in full, either! Definitely share with anyone who’s up for it, as that’s yet another wonderful part about this community is that there’s almost always at least one or two people who will be able to give it the time and love it deserves! I personally just have to love things in smaller bites but I am still very much here for it :cjheart:

4 Likes

I would love to read it in the future, when the first draft is finished. Unfortunately I can’t stand an unfinished story.

2 Likes

Okie dokie, my project is all set! My username on NaNo is JoJoKells.

I’m totally down for sharing synopses and snippets! I always want to do that on the NaNo board, but it gets pretty crowded over there.

5 Likes

Very understandable, cliffhangers are a nightmare. If and when I do finish the first draft I’ll be spreading the news very eagerly, so I’m pretty sure nobody will miss out on that! Thanks for the interest! :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

Happy first day of camp!! How’s everyone feeling??

7 Likes