Camp NaNo: April 2020

That time of year again! We were chatting over in the Creativity Support Pod about putting together a cabin for this year’s Camp NaNoWriMo, and while we’ve discovered that cabins seemed to have fallen by the wayside, there is an Ackerly Green writing group (will that link work? I don’t know!) that we’ve made if anyone would like to be added to it!

Feel free to use this space to chat about your projects and your progress as well, I feel like could we all use some writing buddies now more than ever!

9 Likes

I came out the gate strong on day 1 - a little over 1k words out of my 20k goal. Yay! This is the first time I’m largely pantsing a project with only the vague idea and not a full plot skeleton. Not sure yet if that’s a very bad idea or not :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Maybe it’s my service but the group won’t load for me. I think we have to be invited.
On it I’m Abigail Leigh Parker (not my real full name which is why I’m fine sharing for it)

4 Likes

Added you!

5 Likes

I’m on there as AugustAbel if you could add me, maybe this will help me get closer to finishing that book.

7 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Got you!!

4 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

Has anyone ever participated in one of the official NaNo virtual write-ins/if we hosted one on the AG Zoom account, would you guys be interested?? You wouldn’t even necessarily have to chat with anyone, just have it up in the background and know that there are others chugging along with you!

7 Likes

I’d love that!

5 Likes

I’d be up for it.

4 Likes

Do you mind adding me to the group? I’m on there as inkstainedwords.

I’m in a “Novel in a Year” workshop with an instructor I adore. We have six months with 11k word goals, then some time to revise with feedback (including giving feedback on others’ work).

February was the first month and I actually got 15k done, so I banked about 6k of those so I could coast a little in March—already over halfway done.

Thank goodness for that: I barely got that over 12k for March, and am now facing a word count of 0 with 11k due at the end of the month. Whee!

7 Likes

You can do it - go Lex go!

6 Likes

You’re in!

5 Likes

Thank you thank you!

5 Likes

How are everyone’s projects going??

If we wanted to do a virtual write-in sometime this week, do you guys have any days/times that work better for you than others? I think we could open this up to anyone in the community who’d like to participate too, but I want to make sure we do it at a time that’s most convenient for our NaNo-ers!

6 Likes

My creativity was sucked into a black hole this weekend, but I think it’s back. I am not confident I will make my 20k word goal on my noir, but I am confident I will make my 5k goal on planning/plotting my love story.

For write-ins, I work 8a-5p central M-F, but any other times should be fine. My sleep schedule is all kinds of bonkers thanks to working from home.

5 Likes