2. The Search For Magiq: The Neithercouriers

@MissEvans, SpiritSeer actually came to us from The Low! We have a fan club there…or did…I dunno, it was sort of devisive to begin with from what I understand, and I don’t know how much they’re fans anymore with their strict interaction rules and secrets and whatnot.

11 Likes

Interesting times indeed. Hi @Viviane!

We started this new age in light, we need to continue in that vein. I suppose as we are further away from the age of the Book of Kings, we can’t lose sight of the depths of darkness we drew our future from.

So time to play spot the couriers.

13 Likes

I’d assume KR and Mr. Wideawake may be couriers. Possibly our Message Turtles. The question is…who is speaking to us? The Council?
And I’d take a stab at DG being our Herald.

So many questions, so little time to figure and make new tin foil hats.

11 Likes

I mean, if our Herald is an “in” with Neithernor it could be a few people. Deeds, Cole, Endri, Ascender, Knaz…

9 Likes

I was thinking, heralds don’t just announce things.
In the UK the college of heralds is responsible for all the coats of arms issued to families in the country. They therefore keep a lot of family history and legend.
Does that go some way to better identify our herald?

8 Likes

So first and foremost, my friend looked into it and says that there’s a reference to a poem with the word “Neithercourier” in it in the database summary of the old Lost Athenaeum site of all places. They’re trying to get the actual database from a couple sources. I will follow up if/when I hear anything.

Second and possibly also foremost-ish, your fan club disbanded. :confused: Or rather, its leadership broke up the band and moved on to another locked down site and I don’t know anyone with access there. There were a lot of bad vibes in the end anyway (floods of people who didn’t believe among other internal drama) but I heard that the ultimate reason for the breakup was that more and more people who were finding their way to the club weren’t able to access the Guide to Magiq or the forum anymore. No offense to @Saberlane and @AG_Catherine but I’d always figured it was due to the AGP sites being… homegrown?

It got worse and worse, and then other weird stuff started happening, like newbies claiming they couldn’t even see screenshots of your forum activity at the club. Some in Leadership thought that they were being trolled, but a few thought something weirder was going down, so in true Low fashion, they booted a bunch of people and hightailed it to some even more secret place. I don’t know for sure if that’s connected to the “leaden veil” but some people can’t find you.

That seems weird.

15 Likes

Thanks @SpiritSeer. I figured this turn of events was worth its own topic.

13 Likes

Oooh. We’ve got a ghost in the machine. @SpiritSeer were people who could previously see posts unable to see ones they knew existed, or did the phenomena only hide new posts/viewers?

11 Likes

Um, yeah. Some people not being able to find us does seem weird. Like, we’ve never been super into secrecy the way 99.9% of magic-users are in this age, which was kind of the Low’s beef with us in the end anyway. The only protections we ever put up were only meant to stop people who actively intended to harm us. Wonder what they’re doing in lockdown, though…

Glad someone still has the database for the old Lost Athenaeum. I was actually kind of sad when I heard it went down - I have a lot of good (read: absolutely crazy) memories of the Cosmos Assessment and some other stuff we’ve gotten people to sneak out of there for us. :wink: I know it’s unlikely given how public we are, but if there’s anything we can do, or not do, to help you keep those connections up, or make some more, or whatever, let us know!

[LOL Sabes, you split the thread just as I posted this and I got WAY outta context. :rofl:]

12 Likes

I saw! Sorry for unintentionally trolling you!

10 Likes

Great question. I’m not sure, @MissEvans (I’m @ing Miss Evans, the Fairy Godmother who protected Deirdre Green!) but when I hopefully hear back I’ll 100% ask.

10 Likes

Sounds like a plan @SpiritSeer .
The job of a courier is to share information, there are three parts to this:
The sender ((who, where, when))
The information or object sent
The recipient ((who where when)).
If we could narrow down any of this, we could build back towards the rest.

The information transported here might be knowledge of magiq…

As for me, I just bake bread, teach classes and know things.

15 Likes

This is fascinating. One one hand, we are being obscured from people in the Low seeing us (and it sounds like AGP content overall), and on the other hand, others from all walks of life are joining the forum in droves. They must be seeing us, right?

It’s hard to conceptualize not being seen when you can’t not see yourself through someone else’s eyes.

@SpiritSeer must be able to see us, but how can we verify that she’s seeing everything we’re posting, because should wouldn’t be able to know what it is she’s not seeing. Maybe this doesn’t affect her because she defected from the Low right in time? We have so many more questions to answer.

12 Likes

Maybe it has to do with the Jordanian Safeguard? @SpiritSeer was talking about how people in the fan club who didn’t believe or were wrapped up in internal drama. Maybe they no longer could see anything because their intentions were no longer pure? I’m not sure that is what’s going on, since Seer (or Spirit? I’m not sure what to refer to you as!) mentioned that it spread to the guide and tends to affect specific screenshots, posts, etc. Whereas our newcomers are all coming to join our community and see what’s going on and a lot of them are excited for what they’ve found here. I think something else might be going on, but I’m not sure…

9 Likes

But the Low never, at least previously, harbored us any ill-will. This is working from, at least, the communications we’ve seen of there’s, shared by Marty and by SpiritSeer.

11 Likes

This can be pretty logically explained, actually. If there’s a…thing (veil?) that’s separating the worlds of magiq and non-magiq, then as we access and learn more about magiq we willl get to a point the veil and no longer just ignore us and we risk having ourselves pulled across the veil into the magiq world to forever disappear from the mundane world.

Wait…what the heck did I just say?

But first have them clean out their browser cache. It could be either.

Edit: By the way, if anyone wants to try out some ideas, the Lost Athenaeum portal is still alive, but our old access is cut off.

http://www.thelostathenaeum.com/login/

Edit2: Oh for the record the password USED to be

Username: RKAdler
Password: 2jF)jD3qg9&QUFUC)MBNAC

10 Likes

Are we being set against each other? Would this be a formation point for two new paths? (Wool and Silver 21st century style).

10 Likes

We know from Mr. Wideawake that the Low were pretty much just hard-to-find distractions and decoys they set up to keep the Silver off the trail of Monarch’s Mountain (I’m sorry, @SpiritSeer, I know these were friends of your’s, as much as we here are friends with one another). Endri and Ascender lead some sort of coup within Monarch’s Mountain after the Day of Change, but I don’t believe we ever heard whether they were successful or not. Could this be the Monarchs of old manipulating things behind the scenes?

13 Likes

So, I’m recently new, but going off what @Augustus_Octavian said, could this veil on the Low be a side effect of the different ideologies that surfaced in the Monarch’s Mountains?

8 Likes

Every Monarch has a Herald.
Much hmmmm.

11 Likes